Seriously though, all the fencing clubs (except for classical fencers in the local dance studio) were an hour away. Asheville is the kind of trendy city that seems like fertile ground for fencing so we're starting the Fencing Club of Asheville on friday!
Things we could use some help with from /r/fencing
1) Let any experienced fencers from Western North Carolina that you're in contact with know about us.
2) Give us any good ideas on how to work with an undersize location (we're working on finding a better one, Friday night practice is lame!)
3) Any ideas on how to get cheap/used beginner sabre gear (dry for now)
4) Any ideas on how to keep Open Fencing fun and productive for a small group of fencers?
5) Tell me how bad my wordpress site looks. Seriously, what should I add that people need to know? We're gonna add more photos the first practice.
With any luck I'll be spending more time running this club and less time blathering on /r/fencing. Thanks for tolerating me so far guys!
A friend and I are looking for a foil fencer going to Portland thats interested in joining our team.
Just wondering if there is anything I could be studying or learning to prepare me more for fencing.
What should I expect my first day, what is training like, how intense is the physical activity etc.